Annual gynecologic exams
Having a gynecologic exam each year is an important step for preventing illness and staying as healthy as possible. Regular well-woman checkups are excellent opportunities to ask women’s health questions. Those visits give your providers a chance to address minor gynecologic concerns before they become larger problems. Well-woman exams include a pelvic exam, a Pap test if one is due, and blood and urine testing as needed. If you are at an age where a mammogram is recommended, your provider will make a referral for you.
Care for gynecologic problems
If a gynecologic problem is causing you pain or making it difficult for you to enjoy your favorite activities, our providers can help. We regularly diagnose and treat gynecologic problems including:
- Heavy, irregular or painful periods
- Uterine fibroids (noncancerous growths in the uterus)
- Endometriosis (a condition in which tissue inside the uterus has grown outside)
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS; a condition in which ovaries are enlarged and have small cysts)
- Menopause side effects (including hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia and vaginal dryness)
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID; a sexually transmitted infection, or STI, in the female reproductive organs)
Our providers offer a number of surgeries and procedures to diagnose and treat gynecologic conditions. Our team is trained in traditionally and minimally invasive surgical techniques, including those using the da Vinci system. In some cases, minimally invasive surgery can reduce recovery time and lessen the risk of infection compared to traditional surgery.
If you are trying to start or expand your family, you can get the healthcare services you need in our clinic. Our providers can help determine what could be making it difficult for you to become pregnant if you experience a problem conceiving. They will work with you to offer suggestions or to encourage diagnostic testing if they believe testing is necessary.